Daniel Hemric Joins Kaulig Racing Full-Time in 2022

CONCORD, NORTH CAROLINA – MAY 25: Daniel Hemric, driver of the #8 Alsco Uniforms Chevrolet, looks on prior to the NASCAR Xfinity Series Alsco 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 25, 2020 in Concord, North Carolina. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)

NASCAR Xfinity Series veteran Daniel Hemric will join Kaulig Racing for a bid at next season’s championship, the organization announced on Saturday.

The 30-year-old will pilot the organization’s flagship No. 11 Chevrolet Camaro next season, a ride previously occupied by Justin Haley, who will move to the team’s NASCAR Cup Series program.

“The belief that Matt Kaulig and Chris Rice have in me to come drive their notable, No. 11 car means the world to me,” said Hemric. “Equally, I believe in their program, their vision, and what they’re building at Kaulig Racing. It’s impressive to see how they’ve become an elite, multi-car Xfinity Series program in such a short period of time. I’m just incredibly thankful for the opportunity to drive for them next year, and I’m ready to put in the work to continue building on the team’s success.”

Hemric, who currently drives the No. 18 for Joe Gibbs Racing, is still looking for his first career victory in NASCAR’s top-three series, something that has eluded him for many years, despite a number of close calls.

“We’re excited to welcome Daniel to our Kaulig Racing family,” said Chris Rice, president of Kaulig Racing. “Daniel is a strong competitor, and we think he will make a great addition to our Xfinity Series program. Statistically, Daniel ranks right among the Kaulig Racing cars each week on the racetrack, so it’s fitting that we bring in someone who will only continue to make us better.”

2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Regular Season Champion AJ Allmendinger will serve as Hemric’s teammate in the No. 16, as the team continues to solidify themselves as powerhouses in the second-tier series.

“Kaulig Racing has come a long way in just a few short years, and that’s something I’m truly proud of,” said Matt Kaulig, Kaulig Racing team owner. “This year, we stepped it up by having three, full-time entries in the Xfinity Series and competing in the Cup Series part-time. We blew all expectations out of the water when we won our first Cup race with AJ Allmendinger, won the regular-season championship in the Xfinity Series, and got all three of our full-time drivers into the playoffs. We think Daniel is a great pick to help us elevate our program.”

Partnership announcements for Hemric’s No. 11 will come at a later date.

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

The NASCAR Cup Series garage watches on as the No. 33 Richard Childress Racing team unloads its car at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
No. 33 RCR Team Allowed To Unload Car First In Touching Gesture By NASCAR
Carson Kvapil flips on Lap 2 of NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series race at Kansas Speedway.
Carson Kvapil Walks Away From Wild Flip On Lap 2 At Kansas
Kyle Busch has been hospitalized for a severe illness and will not compete in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Kyle Busch Hospitalized With Severe Illness, Will Not Race In Coca-Cola 600
The family of Kyle Busch has shared the ailments that claimed the life of the legendary race car driver.
Complications From Severe Pneumonia, Sepsis Claimed Life Of Kyle Busch
Austin Dillon authored a touching tribute post to Kyle Busch on Instagram. Busch, Dillon's RCR teammate, died this week at the age of 41.
Austin Dillon Vows To Always Be There For Kyle Busch's Family In Touching Tribute
In the days before his death, Kyle Busch proposed a rule change to NASCAR that would allow NASCAR Cup Series drivers over 40 years old to compete full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
O'Donnell: Kyle Busch Proposed An Over-40 Rule For Truck Series In Days Before Death

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article