John Hunter Nemechek Returning to Joe Gibbs Racing for Three Xfinity Starts in 2022

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
PC: Sam Hunt Racing | Twitter

John Hunter Nemechek will once again return to Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR Xfinity Series program in 2022, getting behind the wheel of the No. 18 Toyota GR Supra in three events this season.

The 24-year-old will make his season debut for Joe Gibbs Racing at Richmond Raceway (April 2nd), where he scored the first career top-five finish for Sam Hunt Racing last season. Safeway will support Nemechek’s efforts at the Virginia short track.

Later in the month, Nemechek will return to Dover Motor Speedway (April 30) for his second of three races with the championship-winning organization, with sponsorship backing from ACME.

Finally, the Mooresville, North Carolina-native will look to defend his Xfinity Series victory from last season at Texas Motor Speedway, with backing from long-time partner ROMCO Equipment.

“I am really excited to have this opportunity to race again in JGR’s Xfinity Series program after the success we had last season,” said Nemechek. “We were able to pick up a win in just three starts and hopefully we can add to that success this season. I am also looking forward to working with crew chief Jason Ratcliff, who has found victory lane with a lot of different drivers over the years. I really appreciate the support of my long-term partners Safeway, ACME, and ROMCO for coming on board to support me and of course Toyota.”

Nemechek joins a driver lineup that featured a mixed bag of experience throughout NASCAR’s top-three series, which includes 2011 Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne, a decade-long veteran of NASCAR in Ryan Truex, coupled with ARCA winner Drew Dollar.

“John Hunter was impressive in his starts with us last year and we’re excited to have him back this season to work with Jason (Ratcliff) and our 18 team for a few races,” said Steve de Souza, Executive Vice President of Xfinity Series and Development for Joe Gibbs Racing. “He really has made the most of every opportunity and we expect he will run up front again in these races.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Layne Riggs celebrates a win in the TSport 200 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
Layne Riggs Nearly Leads Wire-To-Wire For Fifth Truck Series Win Of 2026
Alex Bowman retirement press conference at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Alex Bowman, Jeff Andrews Talk About Bowman's Decision to Retire After 2027 NASCAR Season
Alex Bowman will compete with Hendrick Motorsports in 2027 before retiring from full-time NASCAR Cup Series competition at the conclusion of the 2027 season.
Alex Bowman Set To Retire From Full-Time Cup Racing After 2027 Season
Gavan Boschele will compete in multiple NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series events for TRICON Garage beginning with IRP.
Gavan Boschele To Compete In Multiple Truck Races For TRICON, Beginning With IRP
Joey Logano took a dominant win in the Window World 450 at North Wilkesboro Speedway
Joey Logano Finally Shakes Off Funk With Dominant Win At North Wilkesboro
Weather forced NASCAR to cancel Cup Series practice for the Window World 450 at North Wilkesboro Speedway
Mother Nature Hands Ryan Blaney Wilkesboro Cup Pole; Three Teams Suffer Pre-Race Inspection Woes

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article