Running Indianapolis 500 ‘Certainly on My Radar’ – Kyle Busch

Kyle Busch remains keen on a shot at running the Indy 500.
share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Kyle Busch remains keen on a shot at running the Indy 500.
Kyle Busch remains keen on a shot at running the Indianapolis 500. Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images via NASCAR

Kyle Busch remains keen to one day race in the Indianapolis 500.

The 37-year-old from Las Vegas, Nevada was previously linked with a shot at running the 2017 edition of “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” but the opportunity never came to be.

Busch, a two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, was asked during Saturday’s media availability for the All-Star Race at Texas Motor Speedway if competing in the Indy 500 was still of interest.

“Yeah, I mean, it’s certainly on my radar,” Busch said. “The year that I had it, sold and committed and sponsorship was there and everything like that, I got told no. And then I haven’t necessarily tried to sell sponsorship since, but there was a easy verbal yes commitment and things have changed obviously. Don’t have that these days.”

For this year, at least, Busch will look on from afar as former on-track competitor, seven-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, makes his maiden attempt in the 106th Running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 29.

Johnson managed to make the Fast 12 after the first day of qualifying festivities at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday, and has a shot today to become the first rookie to sit on pole since Teo Fabi in 1983. Johnson has four Brickyard 400 wins at IMS during his time in NASCAR.

“Overall, excited to be able to watch and cheering for our old pal Jimmie Johnson to go out there and run well and do good,” said Busch, who witnessed older brother Kurt Busch finish sixth in his lone Indy 500 start in 2014.

“He’s always been fast at Indy in stock cars and everything else, so it’s no surprise to see him being up on the charts this time around and looking forward to seeing him go next Sunday.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Kevin Harvick headlined the three-driver NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2027. Jeff Burton, and Larry Phillips were also named to the class.
Kevin Harvick Headlines Three-Driver NASCAR Hall of Fame 2027 Class
John Hunter Nemechek will return to LEGACY MOTOR CLUB in 2027, as Rexel USA has expanded its partnership with the race team for next season.
Rexel, John Hunter Nemechek Set For Return To LEGACY MOTOR CLUB in 2027
North Carolina Education Lottery 200 entry list NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Entry List: 2026 NCTS NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte
Charbroil 300 entry list 2026 NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Entry List: 2026 NOAPS Charbroil 300 at Charlotte
Coca-Cola 600 entry list 2026 NASCAR Cup Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Entry List: 2026 NASCAR Cup Series Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte
Corey LaJoie will not race for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series championship after NASCAR denied his Waiver request.
NASCAR Denies Waiver Request For Corey LaJoie, Kaulig Racing

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article