Justin Allgaier, who is enjoying the two-week NASCAR olympics break, like most of the stars of the NASCAR National Series ranks, had a great night on Friday in the DIRTcar UMP Modifieds Showdown Feature 4 at Fairbury Speedway in Illinois.
Allgaier, who typically runs in the NASCAR Xfinity Series for JR Motorsports, rolled from the pole in the 20-lap feature and despite three cautions that re-racked the field throughout the event, Allgaier stayed poised and the 35-year old led every single lap on his path to a victory.
The Illinois-native finished 1.627-seconds ahead of Kyle Steffens for the win. Ray Bollinger was third, Mike McKinney was fourth and Jeff Leka rounded out the top-five in the 15-car field.
According to timing and scoring provided from DIRTcar Racing, Allgaier turned the fastest lap of Feature 4 with a 15.432-second lap around the 0.245-mile course.
Allgaier, Steffens, Bollinger and McKinney will all advance to Saturday’s Modified Finale at Fairbury Speedway.
Full Results From Friday’s DIRTcar UMP Modifieds Showdown Feature 4 at Fairbury Speedway:
- 7A – Justin Allgaier, 20 laps
- 8 – Kyle Steffens, -1.627 sec.
- 77 – Ray Bollinger, -1.964 sec.
- 96M – Mike McKinney, -2.340 sec.
- 3L – Jeff Leka, -4.784 sec.
- 1S – Brian Shaw, -5.493 sec.
- 34W – James Walters, -7.380 sec.
- 99W – Chris Arnold, -7.748 sec.
- 0J – Garrett Jameson, -8.638 sec.
- 3 – Mike Brooks, –8.748 sec.
- 37 – Michael Ledford, -9.718 sec.
- 777 – Trevor Neville, -10.780 sec.
- 17 – Mike Mosier, -13.203 sec.
- 18 – Jarrett Stryker, -14.853 sec.
- K67 – Ian Keller, -9 Laps
Toby is the Founder, Editor and go-to man for TobyChristie.com. He is also the co-host of The Final Lap Weekly Podcast. Additionally, Toby is a NMPA (National Motorsports Press Association) award winning writer, and has followed NASCAR as a fan since 1993.