Ahead of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season, NASCAR confirmed the 36 chartered teams that will be locked into all of the series’ events this season, along with the owner of each charter:
- Spire Motorsports now owns three charters, but will only field a pair of entries in the NASCAR Cup Series in 2021. The organization’s third charter has been leased to Trackhouse – Justin Marks’ first-year Cup team — with driver Daniel Suarez and the No. 99 Chevrolet Camaro.
- 2020 JTG 37 to 2021 Spire 7
- 2020 LFR 95 to 2021 Spire 77
- 2020 Spire 77 to 2021 Trackhouse 99 (lease)
- Hendrick Motorsports performs a pair of internal transfers:
- 2020 HMS 48 to 2021 HMS 5
- 2020 HMS 88 to 2021 HMS 48
- As previously announced, 23XI Racing acquires a charter from Germain Racing’ No. 13
- 2020 Germain 13 to 2021 23XI 23
- As previously announced, Live Fast Motorsports acquires a charter from GoFas Racing’s No. 32
- 2020 GFR 32 to 2021 LFM 78
- Rick Ware Racing’s No. 15 will use the charter acquired in the purchase of Premium Motorsports last season.
- Rick Ware Racing has also purchased the Charter, which was on lease from Front Row Motorsports last season for their No. 52 team. (Front Row Motorsports confirmed the sale to TobyChristie.com).
For a complete history of each Charter and how they are with the teams that currently own them, we have a handy NASCAR Cup Series Team Charter history page: