It was an incredible battle that lasted until the last corner of the race, but Matt Crafton held off 19-year old Christian Eckes to collect his first win in over three years, despite winning the 2019 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship.
Kyle Busch Motorsports driver Christian Eckes finished in the runner-up position, with the three Ford F-150’s of Grant Enfinger, Tanner Gray and Ben Rhodes rounding out the top-five finishers in the second leg of Kansas Speedway’s double header.
Chase Purdy – who isn’t scheduled to return to the NASCAR Truck Series until Talladega in October — earned his career-best finish and his first top-ten result in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.
The 200-mile event featured nine caution flags, including one thrown for a massive pileup heading into turn one on a lap 82 restart, that saw Clay Greenfield get turned by eventual fourth-place finisher Tanner Gray, collecting the likes of Johnny Sauter, Stewart Friesen and Natalie Decker.
Exiting the tenth event of the season at Kansas Speedway, only six regular season races remain and the playoff bubble (FINALLY) leaves some room to breathe for drivers on the inside of the cutoff line:
- No. 98 – Grant Enfinger (2 WINS)
- No. 16 – Austin Hill (1 WIN)
- No. 88 – Matt Crafton (1 WIN)
- No. 2 – Sheldon Creed (1 WIN)
- No. 99 – Ben Rhodes (+84 Points)
- No. 18 – Christian Eckes (+77 Points)
- No. 21 – Zane Smith (+77 Points)
- No. 23 – Brett Moffitt (+58 Points)
- No. 19 – Derek Kraus (+27 Points)
- No. 38 – Todd Gilliland (+22 Points)
- No. 26 – Tyler Ankrum (-22 Points)
- No. 13 – Johnny Sauter (-53 Points)
- No. 15 – Tanner Gray (-59 Points)
- No. 52 – Stewart Friesen (-71 Points)
- No. 4 – Raphael Lessard (-72 Points)
- No. 45 – Ty Majeski (-95 Points)
Post-Race Stat Pack: