Search
Close this search box.

Partner

Anthony Alfredo will not Return to BJ McLeod Motorsports in 2024

Anthony Alfredo is on the move as we approach the 2024 NASCAR racing season.

The 24-year-old racer recorded two top-10 finishes for BJ McLeod Motorsports and finished 20th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series championship standings in 2023. However, in a media video teleconference on Tuesday, team owner BJ McLeod confirmed that Alfredo will not return to the organization next season.

“I want to thank Anthony for everything that he did with us this year,” McLeod said. “He brought a great group of guys over to our shop over the offseason last year. He’s an excellent driver, has a ton of speed, really good kid with a great family. They have some opportunities that they are going to pursue also, so BJ McLeod Motorsports is actively looking for our driver for 2024.”

While Alfredo’s future team is currently unknown, the Connecticut native may have dropped a hint on X that he has already figured out his plans for the 2024 season as he dropped a pencil emoji in a post on November 13th:

Alfredo has been a journeyman racer throughout his young career in NASCAR.

In 2019, Alfredo competed admirably with TRICON Garage, then DGR-Crosley, in a part-time NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series schedule as he collected two top-10 finishes in 13 starts.

The following season, Alfredo moved to Richard Childress Racing for a part-time campaign in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those 19 races, Alfredo recorded two top-five finishes and nine top-10s.

Alfredo would move to the NASCAR Cup Series full-time in 2021, where he would drive for Front Row Motorsports, and then he would return to the NASCAR Xfinity Series full-time in 2022 with Our Motorsports and in 2023 with BJMM.

As for BJ McLeod Motorsports, which enjoyed one of its best seasons on the track in 2023, the team will remain a one-car operation in the NASCAR Xfinity Series in 2024 with no plans for expansion in the near future.

“It’s a one-car team. I have no interest in running two for the foreseeable future,” McLeod explained. “If we could ever get a one-car team to where it runs well for two years in a row and I feel comfortable with it, I might go back to a two-car team. Right now and for the foreseeable future, I just want to be a one-car team that can run well every week.”

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series
NASCAR Pit Crew Member Zachary Yager Passes Away at 34
Jeffrey Kessler, Michael Jordan, Curtis Polk, and Denny Hamlin after an August 28 courtdate against NASCAR.
NASCAR, 23XI/Front Row Spar in Ugly Thursday Injunction Hearing
Kyle Busch suffered a hard crash at Iowa Speedway in NASCAR Cup Series practice for the Iowa Corn 350.
Kyle Busch Suffers Massive Head-On Impact Into Outside Wall in Iowa Practice
Michael McDowell and Austin Hill crash video Watkins Glen 2025 NASCAR Xfinity Series race
Michael McDowell Suffers MASSIVE Impact After Getting Turned by Austin Hill
_D3A6444
Honeycutt Release 'Just Business' Says Niece Motorsports GM Cody Efaw
JM_Xfin_Iowa_Race_Zilisch
Zilisch Suffers Broken Collarbone in Victory Lane Fall

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article