Emerling-Gase Motorsports Expanding to Two Full-Time Xfinity Teams in 2023

Emerling-Gase Motorsports 2023 two full-time cars Patrick Emerling Joey Gase Shane Lee
share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Emerling-Gase Motorsports 2023 two full-time cars Patrick Emerling Joey Gase Shane Lee
Emerling-Gase Motorsports will expand to two full-time NASCAR Xfinity Series entries in 2023. Photo Credit: LAT Images, Rusty Jarrett, Courtesy of Toyota Racing.

Emerling-Gase Motorsports has had a very quiet and mildly successful opening season in the NASCAR Xfinity Series in 2022, and on Thursday, the team announced their intentions to move to two full-time entries for the 2023 NASCAR Xfinity Series season.

The team’s co-owner Joey Gase states the decision was made based on the team’s ability to make the field for every start they’ve attempted in 2022, and the fact that they have taken care of their equipment this season.

“I am extremely proud of our Emerling-Gase Motorsports team,” said Gase in a press release. “There are not too many start up teams or small teams this season that can say they have made every race they have entered and only have 2 DNF’s, plus be in the top 30 in owner points. I have been racing in the sport since 2011 and can say without a doubt this is the toughest the XFINITY Series field has been in the last 10 years. We could not do this without our tremendous employees we have at EGM and of course all our sponsors like Donate Life, Kitty Kat Coin, Eternal Fan, Captain Pips and many more. With that being said, we have a lot of work to do and a lot of room to grow and Patrick and I are looking forward to the challenge.”

The team’s No. 35 entry has contested the full campaign so far in 2022, and after 17 races that car sits 28th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series owner standings. The team’s No. 53 entry, which will be elevated to full-time in 2023, has competed in a total of two events this season and has recorded a best finish of 14th, which came at Talladega Superspeedway with Shane Lee behind the wheel.

According to Patrick Emerling, who like Gase has been a part of the driver lineup and is a co-owner of the team, the organization has succeeded despite a lot of challenges to start their tenure.

“We faced a lot of challenges as a startup team and I am very proud of what we have accomplished so far,” said Emerling. “I am looking forward to working with Joey and the whole EGM group, and continuing to grow our team into the future.”

According to the release from the team, the Emerling-Gase Motorsports organization is planning on having one of their cars occupied by one full-time driver, while the team’s second entry will feature a rotating panel of drivers including Joey Gase, Patrick Emerling, Shane Lee and others.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Bubba Wallace's Cincoro Tequila paint scheme for this weekend's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Bubba Wallace, 23XI Racing Land "Spirited" Primary Sponsor For New Hampshire
Connor Zilisch will officially move to Hendrick Motorsports in 2028 to serve as the full-time driver of the No. 48 Chevrolet.
Hendrick Motorsports Signs Connor Zilisch to Multi-Year Contract, Beginning In 2028
Joey Logano celebrates a win in the Cook Out 400 at Richmond Raceway
Even-Year Logano Strikes Again With Richmond Win
Kaden Honeycutt celebrates a victory in the 2026 Black's Tire 250 at Richmond Raceway
Kaden Honeycutt Lives Up To Expectations In Dominant Richmond Win
Ryan Blaney will start from the pole position in Saturday's NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out 400 at Richmond Raceway.
Cloudy With a Chance of a Pole: Blaney Fastest At Richmond, Takes 2nd Straight Pole
Shane van Gisbergen poses with the oversized check after winning the pole for the Black's Tire 250 at Richmond Raceway.
Shane van Gisbergen Claims Surprising Truck Series Pole at Richmond

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article