AJ Allmendinger Will Run a Total of Eight Xfinity Series Races for Kaulig This Season

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

We already knew that AJ Allmendinger will run the season-opening NASCAR Xfinity Series event of the season in Kaulig Racing’s No. 16 car, but on Thursday, the team revealed Allmendinger’s full 2020 schedule.

Allmendinger will contest a total of eight races with Kaulig Racing this season.

“I’m looking forward to returning to the Kaulig Racing organization,” said Allmendinger in a team release. “I had so much fun working with everyone on the team last season and being teammates with Justin(Haley) and Ross (Chastain). Hopefully I can help the team in any way possible so that we can build on the success we had last year and go for more wins. More than anything, Kaulig Racing is just a great team to compete for, especially with Matt Kaulig as the owner and Chris Rice as the President of the team.”

In addition to the February Daytona event, he will also run the other Daytona event in the fall. Allmendinger will also run at Talladega, Mid-Ohio, the Indianapolis Road Course, Road America, Watkins Glen and the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval.

Allmendinger won at the Charlotte Roval last season, one of his five Xfinity Series starts of 2019. Overall, Allmendinger has one NASCAR Cup Series win and three NXS wins in his career.

Allmendinger’s win last season for Kaulig was the organization’s second win all-time. Chris Rice, Kaulig Racing’s President, is excited to see what 2020 holds for his team and Allmendinger.

“AJ (Allmendinger) has played an instrumental role in competition for Kaulig Racing,” said Rice. “He has helped guide our road course program and has been a great resource for our other drivers, crew chiefs and engineers to lean on. I look forward to what he can do in more races for us this season.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Rain has forced NASCAR to postpone the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 for a second time, the race will now run Saturday at 9 PM ET.
Rain Forces Postponement Of NASCAR Truck Race at Charlotte to Saturday At 9 PM ET
The NASCAR Cup Series garage watches on as the No. 33 Richard Childress Racing team unloads its car at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
No. 33 RCR Team Allowed To Unload Car First In Touching Gesture By NASCAR
NASCAR has postponed the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway to Saturday at 8:00 AM ET.
Inclement Weather Forces Postpones Charlotte NASCAR Truck Race Until Saturday Morning
In the days before his death, Kyle Busch proposed a rule change to NASCAR that would allow NASCAR Cup Series drivers over 40 years old to compete full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
O'Donnell: Kyle Busch Proposed An Over-40 Rule For Truck Series In Days Before Death
Rain has washd out NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Corey Day will start on pole.
Weather Washes Out NASCAR Truck Series Practice and Qualifying At Charlotte
Richard Childress Racing will officially suspend use of the No. 8, which was used by Kyle Busch, and will renumber its second Cup Series entry No. 33.
Richard Childress Racing to Suspend Use Of No. 8, Will Renumber Car To No. 33

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article