After D.J. Kennington returned to victory lane in the first two events of the weekend at Delaware Speedway, it only feels right that series veteran Andrew Ranger captured the victory in the third race of the weekend, the Pinty’s Fall Brawl 150.
On a restart with four laps to go, Ranger was able to maneuver around Kevin Lacroix for the lead late in the race, ultimately capturing his second victory of the season, and the 30th of his NASCAR Pinty’s Series career, the most all-time.
Kevin Lacroix was able to hold on for a second-place finish, with Peter Shepherd III, Brandon Watson, and D.J. Kennington rounding out the top-five. L.P. Dumoulin, Dexter Stacey, Brett Taylor, T.J. Rinomato, and Larry Jackson rounded out the top-10.
Treyten Lapcevich, who dominated the first half of both events on Sunday, finished in 15th, after being involved in a pair of accidents in the late stages of the race, the first of which was in an attempt to avoid a spinning Brent Wheller. The second happened on the subsequent restart when side contact with Dexter Stacey sent the No. 20 hard into the inside wall.
On the race’s first lap, Cole Powell’s No. 36 was spun in turn three and was contacted by Alex Guenette’s No. 52 in the aftermath. While the race had resumed, Powell and Guenette were unable to continue and decided to take matters into their own hands in the infield, getting into a physical confrontation.
They're apparently fighting AGAIN in the infield, between @alg_racing and @ColePowell.#NASCAR | @NASCARPintys | #PintysFallBrawl
— Joseph Srigley (@joe_srigley) September 26, 2021
By virtue of a sixth-place finish, L.P. Dumoulin officially clinched the 2021 NASCAR Pinty’s Series championship by eight points over Andrew Ranger and 11 points over D.J. Kennington. After leading the points entering the weekend, Alex Tagliani ended up fourth in points, with Treyten Lapcevich’s trouble knocking him back to fifth.
It’s the third championship in the series for Dumoulin, who was victorious in his championship hunts in 2014 and 2018. The 42-year-old becomes only the third driver to win three championships in the series, and ties Andrew Ranger for the most titles among active drivers.
2021 NASCAR Pinty’s Series Pinty’s Fall Brawl 150 Race Results:
- No. 51 – Andrew Ranger
- No. 74 – Kevin Lacroix (-0.335 seconds)
- No. 7 – Pete Shepherd III (-0.605 seconds)
- No. 64 – Brandon Watson (-0.787 seconds)
- No. 17 – DJ Kennington (-1.260 seconds)
- No. 47 – LP Dumoulin (-1.587 seconds)
- No. 92 – Dexter Stacey (-2.167 seconds)
- No. 3 – Brett Taylor (-2.814 seconds)
- No. 2 – T.J. Rinomato (-8.771 seconds)
- No. 84 – Larry Jackson (-1 Lap)
- No. 80 – Donald Theetge (-2 Laps)
- No. 98 – Sam Fellows (-2 Laps)
- No. 61 – Brent Wheller (-3 Laps)
- No. 19 – Glenn Styres (-6 Laps)
- No. 20 – Treyten Lapcevich (OUT)
- No. 56 – Malcolm Strachan (OUT)
- No. 18 – Alex Tagliani (-28 Laps)
- No. 52 – Alex Guenette (OUT)
- No. 36 – Cole Powell (OUT)
- No. 8 – Shae Gemmell (DNS)
- No. 22 – Marc-Antoine Camirand (DNS)
UNOFFICIAL 2021 NASCAR Pinty’s Series Final Point Standings:
- L.P. Dumoulin – 389pts
- Andrew Ranger (-8)
- D.J. Kennington (-11)
- Alex Tagliani (-18)
- Treyten Lapcevich (-30)
- Kevin Lacroix (-38)
- Alex Guenette (-42)
- Brett Taylor (-52)
- Dexter Stacey (-59)
- Larry Jackson (-71)
- Marc-Antoine Camirand (-74)
- T.J. Rinomato (-136)
- Sam Fellows (-148)
- Brent Wheller (-191)
- Peter Shepherd III (-194)
- Shae Gemmell (-195)
- Mark Dilley (-196)
- Malcolm Strachan (-225)
- Brandon Watson (-240)
- Donald Theetge (-256)