Every single week, Corey Heim and Ty Gibbs are matching each other, shot for shot, when it comes to the battle for the 2021 ARCA Menards Series Championship, and after Gibbs captured a dominant victory at Michigan International Speedway on Friday, his championship rival responded with a victory two days later at the Springfield Mile.
The Venturini Motorsports driver had the field wrapped around his finger throughout the entire event, only yielding the top spot on one occasion, when he made contact with the No. 11 of Mike Goulde, spinning him around in turn four and causing a caution flag, just laps before the scheduled race break.
Ty Gibbs finished in the runner-up position, with Taylor Gray, Justin Allgaier and Jesse Love rounding out the top-five. Will Kimmel, Landen Lewis, Tim Monroe, Toni Breidinger, and D.L. Wilson rounded out the top-10.
The defending winner of the Allen Crowe 100, Ryan Unzicker, finished in 13th-place after a mechanical issue on his No. 24 entry, requiring the team to pull behind the wall after completing 23 laps.
After Springfield, with only five races remaining in the 2021 ARCA Menards Series season, Ty Gibbs and Corey Heim are tied for the points lead, after Heim claiming bonus points for starting on pole, as well as leading the most laps. That, along with the victory, allowed the Venturini Motorsports driver to close the seven-point deficit that existed entering Sunday’s event.
Allen Crowe 100 Results:
- No. 20 – Corey Heim
- No. 18 – Ty Gibbs (-2.504 seconds)
- No. 46 – Taylor Gray (-11.021 seconds)
- No. 16 – Justin Allgaier (-14.862 seconds)
- No. 15 – Jesse Love (-15.284 seconds)
- No. 69 – Will Kimmel (-17.399 seconds)
- No. 2 – Landen Lewis (-19.312 seconds)
- No. 10 – Tim Monroe (-30.867 seconds)
- No. 25 – Toni Breidinger (-32.705 seconds)
- No. 12 – D.L. Wilson (-16 Laps)
- No. 11 – Mike Goudie (OUT)
- No. 06 – Zachary Tinkle (OUT)
- No. 24 – Ryan Unzicker (OUT)
- No. 48 – Brad Smith (OUT)
- No. 27 – Aex Clubb (OUT)
- No. 01 – Owen Smith (OUT)
ARCA Menards Series Point Standings After 15 of 20 Races:
- Ty Gibbs – 812pts
- Corey Heim – 812pts
- Thad Moffitt (-201)
- Nick Sanchez (-219)
- Brad Smith (-345)
- D.L. Wilson (-423)
- Drew Dollar (-444)
- Kyle Sieg (-486)
- Taylor Gray (-537)
- Tim Richmond (-559)