LONG POND, Pa. (July 27, 2019) – Pocono Raceway, in cooperation with NASCAR, has announced a preliminary and tentative schedule for the 2020 NASCAR doubleheader race weekend, June 25-28, 2020.
The 2020 Pocono Raceway NASCAR Doubleheader event weekend will feature five races in four days. It will include two NASCAR Cup Series events on back-to-back days, the first time this has occurred in NASCAR history.
NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying is scheduled for Friday, June 26 and will consist of single-car, impound qualify. This qualifying session will set the field for the Race No. 1 on Saturday. The field for Race No. 2 on Sunday will be set by inverting the lead-lap finishers from Race No. 1.
Pocono Raceway account holders, who purchased tickets to either NASCAR event weekend in 2019, will have the very first opportunity to purchase 2020 event weekend tickets through the annual renewal program. Kids, ages 12 and under, will be free to all events at Pocono next summer, including Saturday and Sunday event days. Prices for tickets will not increase and the Worry-Free Weather Guarantee Presented by AccuWeather will remain in place next summer.
Below is a tentative schedule. All times and events listed are subject to change.
2020 Pocono Raceway NASCAR Doubleheader Schedule (tentative):
Thursday, June 25
Camping Will Begin at 12 Noon ET for race fans.
• AMS Practice & Qualifying
• General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 AMS Race (80 Laps/ 200 Miles)
Friday, June 26
• NASCAR Cup Series Practice
• NGOTS Practice & Qualifying
• NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying – Single Car, Impound & Field Invert For Second Race
Saturday, June 27
• NXS Practice
• NGOTS Race (80 Laps/200 Miles)
• NASCAR Cup Series Race No. 1 (TBD Laps/TBD Miles)
Sunday, June 28
• NXS Qualifying
• NXS Race (90 Laps / 225 Miles)
• NASCAR Cup Series Race No. 2 (140 Laps/350 Miles)