UPDATE: June 20 – 11:00 AM ET
Korbin Forrister was gracious enough to respond to a Twitter Direct Message to shed further clarification on the status of his race team. Forrister reiterated that his All Out Motorsports team is still functioning.
“Basically all of our trucks are together we are just regrouping and deciding which race to start with,” said Forrister.
The team doesn’t know what race they will return to at this time, but they will be back at some point in the near future.
Original Story: June 20 – 10:30 AM ET
Rumors have been swirling about the shuttering of the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series No. 7 team All Out Motorsports. The team’s competition director and crew chief Wally Rogers confirmed on Twitter that he had been sent packing from the team, and the word was that every employee had been given their pink slips and that the doors were locked.
After numerous failed attempts by TobyChristie.com to contact any representative from the team, and after calls to the race shop just landed at a voicemail box it appeared that the rumors were correct.
However, Korbin Forrister took to Twitter on Thursday to deny that his race team is no longer active.
“The rumors are not true, we have not shut down,we are not selling anything, and we will be racing, you can’t believe everything you read on the internet, thank you to the people who supports, and thank you to those of you who don’t also, we see you down there,” said Forrister in a Tweet.
The team has not attempted to qualify for an event since Charlotte in May, and it is not on the preliminary entry list for this weekend’s event at Gateway.
Toby is the Founder, Editor and go-to man for TobyChristie.com. He is also the co-host of The Final Lap Weekly Podcast. Additionally, Toby is a NMPA (National Motorsports Press Association) award winning writer, and has followed NASCAR as a fan since 1993.