Rumor: Daniel Suarez Has Options, But Could Replace Corey LaJoie in the No. 32 Go Fas Racing Car

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
FORT WORTH, TEXAS – NOVEMBER 01: Daniel Suarez, driver of the #41 Walmart Family Mobile Ford, sits in his car during practice for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway on November 01, 2019 in Fort Worth, Texas. (Photo by Brian Lawdermilk/Getty Images)

*Editor’s Note: Rumors are just that, rumors.

The rumor below was not just born from our brain waves. If you see a rumor here, someone in the industry has brought the info to us or another industry insider to share with you.

Many individuals have many different agendas and reasons for sharing information with us or others out there. These rumors should not be treated as 100-percent fact or 100-percent set in stone. In the sport of NASCAR nothing is a for-sure slam dunk until it is officially signed and announced — and even then, sometimes things made ‘official’ fall apart.

Corey LaJoie had an incredible 2019 season in Go Fas Racing’s No. 32 car. However, according to a new rumor that has been delivered to TobyChristie.com, LaJoie looks to possibly not be returning to Go Fas Racing for 2020.

Instead, Daniel Suarez, who was recently released from the Stewart-Haas Racing No. 41 car will most likely be moving to the No. 32 — according to what we have been told.

Go Fas Racing announced at the end of October, that they would be entering a technical alliance with Stewart-Haas Racing for the 2020 season. At the time, team owner Archie St. Hilaire reiterated that Cole Custer would not be heading to the team and that his main priority was to bring LaJoie back for the 2020 season.

Fast forward a few weeks, and things seemed to have changed.

Suarez says he had enough sponsorship secured to return to SHR for 2020, but just didn’t have the cash in hand before the team ultimately opted to move on to Cole Custer.

However, while voicing his disappointment, Suarez said that Tony Stewart — SHR’s co-owner — has gone to bat for him behind the scenes.

Initially, the rumor after the news that Suarez had been released from SHR was that Suarez could move to Richard Childress Racing’s NASCAR Xfinity Series program full-time in 2020. That avenue no longer seems to be an option for Suarez who will look to stay in the SHR/Ford family, according to this new rumor.

Go Fas Racing’s new technical alliance, Stewart’s friendship with Suarez and Suarez bringing more sponsorship to the table than LaJoie has seemingly tipped the scales in Suarez’s favor for the No. 32 ride.

The insider who has brought this rumor to us says that Suarez still has the option to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing’s No. 00 Xfinity Series ride for 2020 instead of a return to the Cup Series and that Roush Fenway Racing is also a potential destination in a potential expansion back to three cars.

A decision on where Suarez will land is expected by Wednesday morning. But it seems even with big dominoes already fallen, Silly Season is still far from over.

LaJoie recorded a Go Fas Racing team-record seven top-20 finishes in 2019 en route to a 29th-place finish in the year-end championship standings.

Suarez just barely missed out on a Playoff berth with SHR, and wound up nabbing the 17th-place position in the 2019 Cup Series driver standings.


UPDATE November 18, 2019, 9:13 PM ET:

TobyChristie.com has reached out to Go Fas Racing team owner Archie St. Hilaire about the rumor, and Hilaire gave a brief statement.

“We are still working on renewing Corey [LaJoie] at this time. We will update you as we progress, thanks.”

Hilaire did not directly respond to the rumor of Suarez moving — or attempting to move — to his organization. So, it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

One Response

  1. Personally I am not sold on Suarez. tho he was good in the Xfinity Series, I wouldn’t go to bat for him in the cup series. I think drivers like Corey LaJoie or Michael McDowell would do impressively well in equipment from Stewart Haas. Rather than seeing Suarez in their equipment. I tho would like to see him drive for RCR in the Xfinity Series.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Ryan Blaney took the pole position for the Iowa Corn 350 at Iowa Speedway NASCAR Cup Series
Ryan Blaney Scores Cup Pole At Iowa; Keselowski Crashes After P4 Lap
Ryan Sieg took the pole position for the Hy-Vee Perks 250 at Iowa Speedway
Ryan Sieg Captures First Career O'Reilly Series Pole In 423rd Attempt
Dean Thompson will join Haas Factory Team in 2027 and will drive the teams' third full-time NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series entry
Haas Factory Team Adds Dean Thompson To Expanding O'Reilly Team In 2027
NASCAR has made changes to the Stage caution procedures, beginning with this weekend's race at Iowa Speedway.
NASCAR Updates Stage Caution Procedures In Effort To Give Fans More Green Flag Laps
William Sawalich is set to return to Joe Gibbs Racing for the 2027 NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series season.
William Sawalich Returns To Joe Gibbs Racing For 2027 O'Reilly Series Season
Goodyear to debut a new left-side tire compound for NASCAR Cup Series event at Iowa Speedway
Goodyear Debuting New Left-Side Tire Compound For Cup Race at Iowa

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article