Mike Wallace Set to Return to JD Motorsports No. 0 Car at Road America and Daytona Road Course

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA – JULY 03: Mike Wallace, driver of the #0 Market Scan Chevrolet, stands in the garage area during practice for the NASCAR Xfinity Series Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 03, 2020 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)

61-year old Mike Wallace made his return to NASCAR competition, his first start in five years, earlier this season at the NASCAR Xfinity Series event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course on July 4th.

After a 24th-place finish in that start, Wallace will return to the JD Motorsports No. 0 machine in two upcoming races.

The team announced on Monday that Wallace will run the upcoming events at Road America on August 8th and Daytona Road Course on August 15th.

Wallace is ready to get back to doing what he knows how to do — racing.

“Like I said before, racers are racers and that’s what we’re going to do again,” said Wallace who has over 800-career starts in NASCAR National Series competition. “The results at Indy weren’t what we wanted, but the improvements throughout the race left me feeling I still have some laps in me.

“I called Johnny Davis, talked it over with him and we put the deal together to run Road America and Daytona coming up in a few weeks. The Daytona race should be really interesting since there will be zero practice or qualifying on a layout we haven’t raced before. At least we’ll be on an equal level.”

According to the team release, Wallace will have associate sponsorship in place from Market Scan Information Systems, Unker’s Therapeutic Products and Doggett Residential & Commercial Concrete. Additional sponsorship room is available.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Rain has washd out NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Corey Day will start on pole.
Weather Washes Out NASCAR Truck Series Practice and Qualifying At Charlotte
Richard Childress Racing will officially suspend use of the No. 8, which was used by Kyle Busch, and will renumber its second Cup Series entry No. 33.
Richard Childress Racing to Suspend Use Of No. 8, Will Renumber Car To No. 33
Spire Motorsports will honor the memory of Kyle Busch with Kyle Busch Motorsports decals on their trucks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Spire Motorsports Adds Kyle Busch Motorsports Logos to Trucks At Charlotte
Austin Dillon authored a touching tribute post to Kyle Busch on Instagram. Busch, Dillon's RCR teammate, died this week at the age of 41.
Austin Dillon Vows To Always Be There For Kyle Busch's Family In Touching Tribute
The NASCAR community is in mourning and took to social media to remember the life of Kyle Busch, who died at the age of 41.
NASCAR Community Mourns, Remembers Kyle Busch
Racing legend Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, the Busch family, Richard Childress Racing and NASCAR confirmed in a statement on Thursday evening.
Kyle Busch, Two-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion, Dead At 41

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article