Justin Alexander Joins LEGACY MOTOR CLUB as Shot-Caller for Erik Jones

Matt Marrie, TobyChristie.com

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

LEGACY MOTOR CLUB has tapped Justin Alexander, a long-time crew chief for Richard Childress Racing (RCR), to serve as the shot-caller for Erik Jones and the No. 43 Toyota Camry XSE for the 2026 NASCAR Cup Series campaign.

Alexander will take over the position previously held by Ben Beshore, who had been working with Jones and LEGACY M.C. to bring the No. 43 back to the front of the field since the end of the 2024 season, a pairing that resulted in four top-fives and five top-10s.

Beshore, a two-decade veteran in the industry, will remain with LEGACY MOTOR CLUB as part of a strategic competition restructuring for the upcoming season, with a new title as Director of Race Engineering.

“We’re continuing to evolve and refine every part of our race program, and Justin is a tremendous addition to our crew chief lineup,” said Jimmie Johnson, owner of LEGACY MOTOR CLUB. “His experience, communication style, and leadership align perfectly with the direction we’re headed. We appreciate Ben’s hard work and look forward to his continued contributions as he transitions into his new role.”

A native of Mooresville, North Carolina, Alexander has more than 250 races of experience serving as a crew chief in the NASCAR Cup Series, all of which came during his 11-year tenure at Richard Childress Racing. In that time, Alexander secured five victories with Austin Dillon.

“Justin is a proven race winner, and we believe there’s the potential for a strong chemistry with Erik (Jones),” said Cal Wells III, Chief Executive Officer of LEGACY MOTOR CLUB. “We’ll also have Ben raising all ships with the performance engineering group. With all these changes, we’re hoping to continue the growth we saw in 2025.”

LEGACY MOTOR CLUB also confirmed on Monday that Scott Roggenbauer, the team’s current Chief Financial Officer (CFO), has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer (COO), a role that he has previously held at both Haas F1 Team and ABC Technologies before joining the team in 2025.

The 2026 NASCAR Cup Series campaign will begin with the Cook Out Clash at Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, which is set to take place on Sunday, February 1 at 8:00 PM ET on FOX, MRN, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

mm_cup_martinsville_practice_carsonhocevar-1 (4)
Modo Casino Expands Relationship with Spire Motorsports for 2026
Dario Franchitti - Java House Grand Prix of Monterey - By_ Paul Hurley_Large Image Without Watermark_m139052
Dario Franchitti Tackling Truck Race at St. Petersburg with TRICON Garage
unnamed-39-e1770066955439
MINER Inks Multi-Year Extension with Carson Hocevar, Spire Motorsports
Stephen Mallozzi is campaigning on social media for a ride with Kaulig Racing through Ram Trucks Free Agent Program
Campaigning for Ram Trucks Ride Gives Stephen Mallozzi a 'Sliver of Hope' at NASCAR Dream
RCR Enterprises names leadership of three of its entities
Parent Company of RCR Announces Leadership Appointments
HAKYENDXgAAxwWu
Kaulig Racing Names Crew Chiefs for Inaugural Truck Season with RAM

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article