Kaden Honeycutt Upgraded to Full-Time Truck Series Effort with Niece

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

Kaden Honeycutt will return to Niece Motorsports for the 2025 season, being upgraded to a full-time slate in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, the organization announced on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old driver will pilot the No. 45 Chevrolet Silverado RST in all 25 NASCAR Truck Series events next season, beginning with the season-opener at Daytona International Speedway next February.

“I can’t even begin to tell you how much this opportunity means to me,” said Honeycutt. “Before I got connected with Al (Niece) and Cody (Efaw), last year, I thought my career was over. Both of them took a big chance on me leading into this year and it’s kept me hungry to make them proud. My group of guys on the No. 45 team have become brothers to me, and we’ve been able to share such a good relationship.”

A native of Aledo, Texas, Honeycutt first partnered with Niece Motorsports for a one-race agreement at Pocono in 2023. His journey to a full-time ride included stops at four different organizations to run part-time, before joining fellow Texas native Al Niece at Niece Motorsports.

This season, Honeycutt was assigned the anchor driver role for the team’s No. 45 Chevrolet Silverado, partnering with Connor Mosack, Ross Chastain, and Johnny Sauter.

In his 10 NASCAR Truck Series starts made this season, Honeycutt has recorded a pair of fourth-place finishes in both events at Kansas Speedway, as well as five top-10 finishes.

“We’ve had some good runs this year, and I know what our team is capable of,” he continued. “Heading into 2025, I really think we’ll have a great shot at competing at a high level on a weekly basis. I can’t say thank you enough to Al, Cody, and everyone at Chevrolet for this. It’s going to be a great year together.”

Honeycutt has spent the season diversifying his racing portfolio, competing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, CARS Late Model Tour, Hunt the Front Dirt Late Model Series, as well as the eNASCAR iRacing Coca-Cola Series. The driver also made an Xfinity Series start earlier in the year at Dover.

“Kaden has shown so much potential behind the wheel this season and we are thrilled to have him on board full-time with us,” said Niece. “With Kaden’s talent and our team’s hard work, we expect to be contending for wins and championships next year. He’s a true racer, and I think that he has the tools to make a great career in the sport. I’m looking forward to see what he’ll be able to accomplish.”

The addition of Honeycutt’s full-time bid for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, marks the second domino to fall for Niece Motorsports’ 2025 campaign, after Matt Mills was announced to return to the team full-time last week.

Sponsorship, personnel, and additional driver announcements for Niece Motorsports will come at a later date.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Despite a flat tire derailing the best overall race of Connor Zilisch's young NASCAR Cup career, the driver is likely going to see improved on-track results soon.
Good Days Are Coming For Cup Series Rookie Contender, Connor Zilisch
ECOSAVE 200 entry list NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at Dover Motor Speedway
Entry List: 2026 NCTS ECOSAVE 200 at Dover
BetRivers 200 entry list NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series at Dover Motor Speedway
Entry List: 2026 NOAPS BetRivers 200 at Dover
NASCAR All-Star Race entry list Dover Motor Speedway 2026
Entry List: NASCAR Cup Series All-Star Race At Dover
Cody Ware suffered a hard crash in the closing laps of Sunday's Go Bowling at The Glen
FOX Sports Failed To Show Several Late-Race Incidents On Watkins Glen Cup Broadcast
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will return to Hyak Motorsports in 2027 on a multi-year contract extension.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Returning to Hyak Motorsports With Multi-Year Contract Extension

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article