Discount Tire Signs on For Multi-Year Extension with Brad Keselowski, Team Penske

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

Scottsdale, Ariz. – Discount Tire renewed their commitment to Team Penske, enhancing their presence on the No. 2 Ford Mustang, driven by Brad Keselowski. The multi-year agreement will see Discount Tire as the primary sponsor for five additional NASCAR Cup Series races, including the Daytona 500, the Brickyard 400 and the season finale in Phoenix, for a total of 15 events.

Discount Tire will continue to be an associate sponsor of Team Penske drivers Ryan Blaney and Joey Logano in the NASCAR Cup Series, along with NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Austin Cindric. The company will also continue its partnership with the Team Penske IndyCar Series program as an associate sponsor on both the No. 2 car, driven by Josef Newgarden, and the No. 22 car with driver Simon Pagenaud.

“We’re proud to continue our winning relationship with Roger and Team Penske,” said Michael Zuieback, chief executive officer of Discount Tire. “This partnership over the last decade has meant a great deal to our company, our team, and our customers. We look forward to celebrating more successes and championships as we expand our presence in the Cup series with Brad and all of Team Penske.”

Discount Tire and Team Penske first partnered in 2010, a season that culminated in an Xfinity Series Championship for Brad Keselowski and a series record of 26 top-five finishes for Team Penske. Since then, Discount Tire has been a key part of four Xfinity Series Owners’ Championships with Team Penske, including three consecutive titles between 2013-2015. In 10 seasons as a Team Penske partner, Discount Tire has won 35 races, including its first NASCAR Cup Series victory at Indianapolis in 2018.

“Team Penske’s partnership with Discount Tire continues to grow and is a bond that has reaped many benefits for both companies,” said Roger Penske. “When we won our first NASCAR Championship back in 2010, Discount Tire was a big part of our program and it has been exciting to build on our success together as the company transitioned to becoming a primary sponsor with Brad and the No. 2 Ford team in the Cup Series. Motorsports has helped build the Discount Tire brand, connecting with both employees and consumers, and we look forward to more success together as the company expands its role with our team in 2020 and beyond.”

Discount Tire will continue utilizing Team Penske drivers at store appearances across the country for meet-and-greets, autograph sessions with fans and tire-safety advocacy efforts.

“The team at Discount Tire has been an important part of my racing career over the last decade,” said Brad Keselowski. “I’m proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish together on and off the track and I’m excited that the partnership will continue to grow with Team Penske in the Cup Series starting next season.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

The family of Kyle Busch has shared the ailments that claimed the life of the legendary race car driver.
Complications From Severe Pneumonia, Sepsis Claimed Life Of Kyle Busch
Justin Allgaier has inherited the pole for the Charbroil 300 after rain forced NASCAR to cancel NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series qualifying.
O'Reilly Auto Parts Series Qualifying At Charlotte Canceled; Allgaier, Day On Front Row
Rain has forced NASCAR to postpone the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 for a second time, the race will now run Saturday at 9 PM ET.
Rain Forces Postponement Of NASCAR Truck Race at Charlotte to Saturday At 9 PM ET
The NASCAR Cup Series garage watches on as the No. 33 Richard Childress Racing team unloads its car at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
No. 33 RCR Team Allowed To Unload Car First In Touching Gesture By NASCAR
NASCAR has postponed the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway to Saturday at 8:00 AM ET.
Inclement Weather Forces Postpones Charlotte NASCAR Truck Race Until Saturday Morning
In the days before his death, Kyle Busch proposed a rule change to NASCAR that would allow NASCAR Cup Series drivers over 40 years old to compete full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
O'Donnell: Kyle Busch Proposed An Over-40 Rule For Truck Series In Days Before Death

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article