On Friday, the Camping World SRX Series revealed the results of the random draw for the starting lineup for Heat 1 for Saturday’s event at Stafford Speedway.
Hailie Deegan drew the pole position. The 20-year old NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competitor will be joined on the front row by Ryan Hunter-Reay.
1988 NASCAR Cup Series champion Bill Elliott will roll from the third spot, while local hero Matt Hirschmann will start in fourth.
Here is the complete starting lineup for Saturday’s Heat 1 at Stafford:
- 38 – Hailie Deegan (NASCAR Trucks)
- 1 – Ryan Hunter-Reay (Indy 500 and IndyCar Series Champion)
- 9 – Bill Elliott (1988 NASCAR Cup Series champion, 44 NCS wins)
- 60 – Matt Hirschman (5 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Wins)
- 99 – Justin Marks (Trackhouse Racing team owner, NASCAR Xfinity race winner)
- 69 – Greg Biffle (NASCAR Xfinity and Truck champion, 19 NASCAR Cup wins)
- 98 – Marco Andretti (2 IndyCar Series wins)
- 18 – Bobby Labonte (2000 NASCAR Cup Series Champion, 1991 NASCAR Xfinity Series champion)
- 14 – Tony Stewart (3-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion, 1997 IndyCar Series champion)
- 15 – Michael Waltrip (2-time Daytona 500 winner)
- 3 – Paul Tracy (1990 American Racing Series Champion, 2003 CART / Champ Car World Series Champion)
- 39 – Ryan Newman (18-time NASCAR Cup Series race winner)
The starting lineup for Heat 2, as has been the case for all SRX races, will be an inverted order of the Heat 1 finish. The Main Event starting lineup will be determined by championship points accumulated between the Heat races by the competitors.
Heading into Saturday, Ryan Newman holds the Series point lead after two of six races in 2022 (Full point standings here). Newman has a four-point lead over Bobby Labonte, while Tony Stewart, who won the last race at South Boston, sits six points back in third.