Prior to the start of the season, Andrew Ranger wasn’t even sure if he was going to be able to compete in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series in 2021. Now, with the help of Rick Ware Racing, Ranger has collected his 29th NASCAR Pinty’s Series victory, in the series’ third race at Flamboro Speedway.
The big victory for the organization is their first in a NASCAR sanctioned event, having competed in the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series over their tenure in the racing.
As part of an expansion, the organization also competes in the NTT IndyCar Series in partnership with Dale Coyne Racing.
Ranger started on the outside of the front row in the first event of the afternoon, alongside 22 Racing’s Treyten Lapcevich. Lapcevich was able to grab the lead on the initial start and lead the opening 16 laps of the event.
But when Lapcevich’s No. 20 Chevrolet had a right front tire go down, the young driver’s trip to pit road would hand the lead to the Rick Ware Racing Dodge.
DJ Kennington finished in second-place, after hounding Ranger for the race lead throughout the entire event. But Kennington was unable to get underneath the veteran driver to take the top spot.
Brett Taylor finished third, with points leader Alex Tagliani and Pete Shepherd III rounded out the top-five.
Brandon Watson earned a sixth-place result in his series debut. LP Dumoulin, Alex Guenette, Treyten Lapcevich and Donald Theetge rounded out the top-10.
The 125-lap event featured tons of attrition throughout the pack because lot of fast cars had issues in the first-half of the doubleheader at Flamboro Speedway.
Shae Gemmell, Larry Jackson, Kevin Lacroix, Marc-Antoine Camirand, and Dexter Stacey were just some of the drivers who suffered mechanical issues.
MotoMaster 125 Race Results at Flamboro Speedway:
- No. 51 – Andrew Ranger
- No. 17 – DJ Kennington (-0.564 seconds)
- No. 3 – Brett Taylor (-1.108 seconds)
- No. 18 – Alex Tagliani (-3.199 seconds)
- No. 7 – Peter Shepherd III (-4.025 seconds)
- No. 64 – Brandon Watson (-4.316 seconds)
- No. 47 – L.P. Dumoulin (-4.728 seconds)
- No. 52 – Alex Guenette (-6.419 seconds)
- No. 20 – Treyten Lapcevich (-1 Lap)
- No. 80 – Donald Theetge (-1 Lap)
- No. 56 – Malcolm Strachan (-2 Laps)
- No. 61 – Brent Wheller (-3 Laps)
- No. 8 – Shae Gemmell (-4 Laps)
- No. 98 – Sam Fellows (-7 Laps)
- No. 22 – Marc-Antoine Camirand (-8 Laps)
- No. 84 – Larry Jackson (-25 Laps)
- No. 92 – Dexter Stacey (-54 Laps)
- No. 74 – Kevin Lacroix (-57 Laps)
2021 NASCAR Pinty’s Series Point Standings After 7 of 11 Races:
- Alex Tagliani
- L.P. Dumoulin (-11pts)
- Andrew Ranger (-36pts)
- Treyten Lapcevich (-43pts)
- D.J. Kennington (-43pts)
- Kevin Lacroix (-44pts)
- Alex Guenette (-44pts)
- Brett Taylor (-50pts)
- Marc-Antoine Camirand (-54pts)
- Dexter Stacey (-66pts)
- Larry Jackson (-73pts)
- Mark Dilley (-95pts)
- T.J. Rinomato (-128pts)
- Sam Fellows (-141pts)
- Brent Wheller (-150pts)