Tony Stewart – co-owner of the Superstar Racing Experience (SRX) and owner of Eldora Speedway — has become the first-ever multi-time winner of the Camping World SRX Series, holding off “local legend” Kody Swanson for his second victory in the series, allowing the three-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion to extend his points lead even further.
Although Kody Swanson finished in second-place, it wasn’t for a lack of effort, as the experienced dirt racer made many lunges at Stewart’s Orange No. 14 in the closing laps of the event, but wasn’t able to grab the position. 2021 Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves, rounded out the podium in the event, with Marco Andretti and Paul Tracy rounding out the top-five.
Throughout the entirety of the event, in both the two 12-minute heats, as well as the 50-lap feature, the race was action-packed and full-contact, with the majority – if not all — of the 12 drivers in the field having to use their bumper. Naturally, that resulted in a lot of bent sheet metal, much of which was littered across the racing surface throughout the evening.
The biggest incident of the night, happened during the second 12-minute heat race, when Ernie Fracis Jr. and Tony Kanaan made contact entering the first corner, collecting Kody Swanson, Michael Waltrip and eventual main event winner Tony Stewart.
While Waltrip, Francis and Swanson were unable to continue in the second heat, the trio were allowed to have repairs made to their vehicles and return to fight for the victory in the main event.
The entire evening provided amazing racing, but there was one part of CBS Sports’ broadcast that was next-level and was groundbreaking for a live racing series on national television. Midway through the feature event, James Hinchcliffe dieled up series co-owner Tony Stewart on the radio to have a discussion… under green flag conditions.
What followed, was a quality interaction between Stewart and Hinchcliffe, as the three-time NASCAR Champion outlined his next move and how he was going to move into the top-three by passing Mario Andretti.
Next weekend, the second-half of the 2021 Camping World SRX Series will begin at Indianaplis Raceway Park, as series co-owner Tony Stewart will look to continue his dominance in the series, while looking to maintain or extend his 33-point lead over Helio Castroneves. Ernie Francis, Marco Andretti and Bobby Labonte currently round out the top-five in standings.
Camping World SRX Results from Eldora Speedway:
- Tony Stewart (ORANGE)
- Kody Swanson (PATRIOTIC CAMO | BLUE BACKUP)
- Helio Castroneves (RED)
- Marco Andretti (BLACK)
- Paul Tracy (LIME GREEN)
- Scott Speed (GOLD)
- Tony Kanaan (PINK)
- Ernie Francis Jr. (YELLOW)
- Willy T. Ribbs (NAVY BLUE)
- Michael Waltrip (BLUE)
- Bobby Labonte (TEAL)
- Bill Elliott (PURPLE)
Camping World SRX Driver Point Standings After Eldora Speedway (Race 3 of 6):
- Tony Stewart (129 POINTS)
- Helio Castroneves (-33 POINTS)
- Ernie Francis Jr (-39 POINTS)
- Marco Andretti (-49 POINTS)
- Bobby Labonte (-54 POINTS)
- Paul Tracy (-65 POINTS)
- Michael Waltrip (-72 POINTS)
- Bill Elliott (-83 POINTS)
- Tony Kanaan (-84 POINTS)
- Doug Coby (-85 POINTS)
- Hailie Deegan (-89 POINTS)
- Willy T. Ribbs (-91 POINTS)
- Greg Biffle (-94 POINTS)
- Kody Swanson (-99 POINTS)
- Scott Speed (-103 POINTS)
- Scott Bloomquist (-106 POINTS)
- Brian Brown (-108 POINTS)
Camping World SRX Car Point Standings After Eldora Speedway (Race 3 of 6):
- ORANGE – STEWART ( 123 POINTS )
- RED – CASTRONEVES (-33 POINTS)
- PATRIOTIC CAMO – COBY | BROWN | SWANSON (-34 POINTS)
- YELLOW – FRANCIS (-39 POINTS)
- PINK – KANAAN | DEEGAN (-44 POINTS)
- GOLD – BIFFLE | BLOOMQUIST | SPEED (-45 POINTS)
- BLACK – ANDRETTI (-49 POINTS)
- TEAL – LABONTE (-54 POINTS)
- LIME GREEN – TRACY (-65 POINTS)
- BLUE – WALTRIP (-72 POINTS)
- PURPLE – ELLIOTT (-83 POINTS)
- NAVY BLUE – RIBBS (-91 POINTS)