Richard Petty Motorsports to Feature The Lonely Entrepreneur / Black Entrepreneur Initiative on No. 43 Car For Three Races

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Photo Credit: Richard Petty Motorsports.

On Tuesday, Richard Petty Motorsports announced a multi-year partnership, which will include primary sponsorship from the Black Entrepreneur Initiative in three NASCAR Cup Series races in 2021, with The Lonely Entrepreneur, a New York-based non-profit organization.

For Richard Petty Motorsports, this continues their social justice commitment that was a large piece of their 2020 season.

“Richard Petty Motorsports is committed to using our voice and our platform to continue to champion our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion everywhere,” Brian Moffitt, chief executive officer for Richard Petty Motorsports, said in a team release. “As a team, we continue to carry our message of compassion, love and understanding.”

The primary sponsorship duo of BEI and TLE will make it’s debut this weekend at Kansas Speedway and they’ll return at Circuit of the Americas on May 23rd and Nashville Superspeedway on June 20th.

Additionally, the non-profit organizations will be displayed as an associate sponsor for the No. 43 team during the remaining balance of the 2021 season.

According to a press release, the goal for BEI is to empower 100,000 black entrepreneurs by providing entrepreneurial skills and support with free access to the learning community.

“We cannot change social and economic justice overnight, but we can empower Black men and women to be entrepreneurs today,” Michael Dermer, chief executive officer and founder of TLE, said. “Richard Petty has broken ground in racing and beyond for years. Richard Petty Motorsports will do so again with this groundbreaking partnership to help Black men and women to start and grow businesses.”

The No. 43 RPM car, which is driven by Erik Jones, was in a position to win this past weekend’s GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. However, after a last lap crash, Jones was relegated to a 27th-place finish.

Jones has two top-10 finishes so far this season and sits 27th in the NASCAR Cup Series championship standings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

NASCAR has postponed the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway to Saturday at 8:00 AM ET.
Inclement Weather Forces Postpones Charlotte NASCAR Truck Race Until Saturday Morning
In the days before his death, Kyle Busch proposed a rule change to NASCAR that would allow NASCAR Cup Series drivers over 40 years old to compete full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
O'Donnell: Kyle Busch Proposed An Over-40 Rule For Truck Series In Days Before Death
Rain has washd out NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Corey Day will start on pole.
Weather Washes Out NASCAR Truck Series Practice and Qualifying At Charlotte
Richard Childress Racing will officially suspend use of the No. 8, which was used by Kyle Busch, and will renumber its second Cup Series entry No. 33.
Richard Childress Racing to Suspend Use Of No. 8, Will Renumber Car To No. 33
Spire Motorsports will honor the memory of Kyle Busch with Kyle Busch Motorsports decals on their trucks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Spire Motorsports Adds Kyle Busch Motorsports Logos to Trucks At Charlotte
Austin Dillon authored a touching tribute post to Kyle Busch on Instagram. Busch, Dillon's RCR teammate, died this week at the age of 41.
Austin Dillon Vows To Always Be There For Kyle Busch's Family In Touching Tribute

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article