Derek Griffith Set for Xfinity Series Debut at Richmond with Sam Hunt Racing

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit

On Wednesday, Sam Hunt Racing announced that Late Model standout, Derek Griffith, will make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in the Toyota Care 250 at Richmond Raceway.

Griffith, who was previously announced to compete at Martinsville Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the No. 26 Toyota GR Supra, will also compete on the three-quarter-mile facility in Richmond, Virginia.

“I’m pumped,” Griffith said. “It fits into my wheelhouse perfectly. It’s the home track for Sam Hunt Racing, and it’s a short-track, which makes it almost like a double-whammy for us. I’ve run at Richmond before in the Super Late Model and we had a good run. Working with everyone at Sam Hunt Racing has been awesome. We had the opportunity to visit with the team in Las Vegas and I feel like seeing how everything works and that experience as a whole is going to help us right away.”

In 2021, Sam Hunt Racing and John Hunter Nemechek captured an incredible third-place result at the team’s home track at Richmond Raceway, the first top-five for the single-car organization.

“Richmond is and will always be an extremely special place for me,” Sam Hunt said. “Not only is it home, but our third-place finish there in 2021 marks the highest finish for SHR to date. Heading there with a rookie — Derek Griffith making his first career start — is different, but still equally as special for me. I have no doubt in my mind that he will quickly learn these cars and be a competitive force by the end of the race. Anytime we get to compete in front of our friends, family, and fanbase is really special.”

Through four NASCAR Xfinity Series events this season, the team has recorded four top-15 finishes, including a top-five in the series’ most recent event at Phoenix Raceway, finishing fifth with John Hunter Nemechek.

Hudson Speedway – a long-time partner of Griffith’s racing efforts — will continue to partner with the Late Model standout throughout his multi-race campaign.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

In the days before his death, Kyle Busch proposed a rule change to NASCAR that would allow NASCAR Cup Series drivers over 40 years old to compete full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
O'Donnell: Kyle Busch Proposed An Over-40 Rule For Truck Series In Days Before Death
Rain has washd out NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Corey Day will start on pole.
Weather Washes Out NASCAR Truck Series Practice and Qualifying At Charlotte
Richard Childress Racing will officially suspend use of the No. 8, which was used by Kyle Busch, and will renumber its second Cup Series entry No. 33.
Richard Childress Racing to Suspend Use Of No. 8, Will Renumber Car To No. 33
Spire Motorsports will honor the memory of Kyle Busch with Kyle Busch Motorsports decals on their trucks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Spire Motorsports Adds Kyle Busch Motorsports Logos to Trucks At Charlotte
Austin Dillon authored a touching tribute post to Kyle Busch on Instagram. Busch, Dillon's RCR teammate, died this week at the age of 41.
Austin Dillon Vows To Always Be There For Kyle Busch's Family In Touching Tribute
The NASCAR community is in mourning and took to social media to remember the life of Kyle Busch, who died at the age of 41.
NASCAR Community Mourns, Remembers Kyle Busch

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article