Search
Close this search box.

Partner

MBM Motorsports, Timmy Hill to Forgo NASCAR All Star Open in Effort to Repair Cars

share it
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Photo Credit: @MBMMotorsports on Twitter.

MBM Motorsports, who field the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Timmy Hill in the NASCAR Cup Series will withdraw from Wednesday’s NASCAR All Star Open Event at Bristol Motor Speedway. The team made the announcement via a statement on Monday.

According to the statement from team owner Carl Long, recent incidents on track have put the team behind on resources, so they will spend the extra time this week getting prepared for future races.

“With recent crashes at Pocono and Kentucky, we have too much work for our shop guys to go and gamble on wrecking a car that we will need at New Hamphshire,” said Long. “We are all disappointed, but it is strictly a business decision that we had to make.”

While he won’t be able to compete in the All Star Race, Hill, who ranked eighth in the All Star Fan Voting Rankings that NASCAR unveiled last week, wanted to thank the fans who have been voting like crazy to try to give the underdog racer a shot at racing in NASCAR’s prestigious All Star event.

“I would like to thank all of the fans who have voted for us and put us in the top 10 in fan votes,” said Hill in the release. “Of course I am disappointed, but I know that this is the right decision to keep us on track for the balance of the 2020 schedule.”

Hill and MBM have competed in every 2020 NASCAR Cup Series event to date, and indicate in their statement that they will be ready to go for this weekend’s scheduled event at Texas Motor Speedway.

The team’s best finish this season is a 19th-place effort at Bristol Motor Speedway in May.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Post

Casey Mears will return to the NASCAR Cup Series at Daytona driving the No. 66 Garage 66 Ford
Casey Mears to Return For NASCAR Cup Race at Daytona With Garage 66
Austin Dillon silenced his critics with the best performance of his NASCAR Cup Series career in a winning effort in Saturday's Cook Out 400 at Richmond Raceway.
Christie: Austin Dillon Proved Skeptics Wrong With Career-Defining Win at Richmond
Matt Crafton will depart the No. 88 ThorSport Racing entry after the 2025 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series season, Ty Majeski will take over ThorSport's flagship truck.
Ty Majeski to Take Over No. 88 ThorSport Entry From Matt Crafton in 2026
O'Reilly Auto Parts to officially serve as title sponsor of the current NASCAR Xfinity Series in 2026
O'Reilly Auto Parts to Serve as Title Sponsor of NASCAR's Second-Tier Series in 2026
Austin Dillon wins the 2025 Cook Out 400 at Richmond Raceway over Alex Bowman to secure his place in the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs
Austin Dillon Strikes Paydirt in Richmond; Punches NASCAR Cup Playoff Ticket
Chase Elliott has crashed out of the Cook Out 400 at Richmond following a hard crash in a multi-car crash on Lap 198
Chase Elliott Done For the Night After Multi-Car Melee On Lap 198 of Cook Out 400

Join Our Newsletter

Ready to have NASCAR news hand-delivered to your email daily?

Related Article